Sunday, April 3, 2016

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun! Family Tree Statistics


Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):

1) My friend and colleague Linda Stufflebean posted J
UST FOR FUN – 4 X 6 = 24 FAMILY TREE QUESTIONS on her blog this week, and I thought we could answer half of the questions this week and half next week.

2)  Here are the first three questions:

*  What four places did my ancestors live that are geographically the farthest from where I live today?
*  What are the four most unusual given names in my family tree?

*  What are the four most common given names in my family tree?

3)  Answer each of the questions based on your own ancestors, not the collateral lines.

4)  Share your answers with us in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this post, in a Facebook post or a Google+ post.  Please provide a link to your response if you can.


The four places that my ancestors lived that are geographically the farthest from where I live today are:
Oberselters, Hessen-Nassau, Prussia - My Burbachs who immigrated in 1856.
Oslo, Akershus, Norway - My Hansens who immigrated in 1894

Ballylanders and Kilfinane, County Limerick, Ireland - my Flemings and Connerys who immigrated in the 1880s and 1890s.

Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin where my Schmidts were established in the 1840s.

The four most unusual given names in my family tree are:
Dafin Hansen(b 1801) married Mari Olsdatter in Nittedal, Akershus, Norway.
Hubertus Burbach (b 1798) married Catherine Schaaf in Oberselters, Hessen-Nassau,Prussia.
Dorette Christensdatter (b 1857) married Johannes Adolf Waldemar Hansen in Oslo, Akershus, Norway
Adolph Halfdan Hansen (b 1880) married Henrietta Burbach in Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The four most common given names in my family tree are:  
Mary (3), Patrick (3), Adam (2) and Anna (2)

For this project I created a gedcom file of only my direct line ancestors in Family Tree Maker and imported it into Legacy Family Tree and used the Statietics Report.  Had I used my full file including the collateral lines and all siblings the results would have been much different.







No comments:

Post a Comment