Friday, January 29, 2016

The 10 Day Blog Makeover Challenge - The Last Day

Today is the last day and what have I done?  I selected a new color pallette for the blog after reviewing hundreds of color combinations.  I really had to think about the viewpoint I wanted the
blog to imply.  I think that I achieved the look I wanted except for the logo.  I haven't quite figured out how to add that. 

Here it is:


I also looked at fonts and changed a few and added some bolding.


Another challenge was to create a blog mission statement.  It was easy because the point of my blog is two-fold.  First to write about the things I learn and do while researching my ancestors and second as cousin bait.  The cousin bait really works as I have made contacts in Norway, Ireland, and Germany as well as Florida, Texas, and California through my blog.


I am also doing Thomas MacEntee's Genealogy Do-Over and DearMYRTLE's "Finally Getting Organized" challenges and will begin Lynn Palermo's Family History Writing challenge in February.  Let me know how you like the changes!  I am very open to suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment